When it comes to hair extensions, one of the common questions is about how long they last and their overall longevity.
Let's me break it all down for you:
Types of Hair Extensions
- Duration: Typically last for the day. You never want to wear these to bed! They are clip in for a reason ;).
- Longevity: Depends on how often they are used and how well they are cared for. With proper maintenance, they can be reused multiple times and can last for years.
- Duration: Last around 6-8 weeks before needing adjustment.
- Longevity: With regular maintenance, they can be reused for several installations.
Sew-In or Beaded Rows Extensions:
- Duration: Last 6-8 weeks before needing to be moved up!
- Longevity: If the hair is great quality it can sometimes last over a year!
Fusion or Bonded Extensions:
- Duration: Typically last 4-5 months.
- Longevity: Every salon does this differently, but we do not allow clients to reuse this hair!
Factors Affecting Longevity
Quality of Hair:
High-quality, ethically sourced hair tends to last longer and maintain its integrity.
Proper installation by a skilled stylist is crucial for the longevity of extensions.
Regular brushing, use of recommended products, and avoiding excessive heat contribute to longer-lasting extensions.
Active lifestyles, exposure to chlorine or saltwater, and frequent styling can impact the lifespan of extensions.
Tips for Prolonging Longevity:
Treat extensions like your natural hair; be gentle during washing and brushing.
Avoid Heat Damage:
Limit the use of heat styling tools to preserve the quality of the hair.
Schedule touch-ups and adjustments as recommended by your stylist.
Consider protective styles to minimize wear and tear on the extensions.
The duration and longevity of hair extensions depend on various factors. Choosing the right type, quality, and adopting a proper care routine are key to enjoying beautiful, long-lasting extensions.